Monday, June 18, 2007

Than vs. then

This issue may seem small to you, but it really gets on my nerves (I'm guessing it does to plenty of other people, too). I'll keep this short and sweet:

THAN - think amounts (and comparisons)
THEN - think time (and order)

I ate more ice cream THAN you did. She is sweeter THAN her brother.
I went to the movies, and THEN I met him for dinner.


Also, I'm thinking about either putting some of my poetry on this site or starting another for my poetry - any comments?

Update: I started a blog for my poetry (free to view, but feel free to click on an ad). The address is http://emsbookofpoetry.blogspot.com.

If you ever have any grammar questions, leave a comment! If you leave your e-mail address, I can get back to you immediately. If you would rather not share your e-mail, I can put the answer to your question up here on the site. You can also leave me feedback about the posts I already have up, or you can make suggestions for posts that you would like to see on my site.

I also am available to proofread anything. :)

No comments:


BlogRankings.com